Mold is a type of fungus that can grow in many different environments. It thrives on moisture and food sources, which are plentiful inside the home. Unfortunately, mold spores are also present indoors so it's important to know how to remove mold from your home as soon as you find it. In this blog post we'll discuss the steps for removing mold from your home so you can get back to living comfortably indoors!
Use an anti-mold spray to kill mold and remove it from non-porous surfaces like tiles, glass showers etc.
Usually these cleaners should be mixed with water and sprayed onto the affected area or painted on depending on the label instructions. One thing to keep in mind is that it may take a few days for mold stains to disappear so don't expect immediate results after applying an anti-mold spray cleaner.
If you find mold growing on any clothes or fabric items like rugs, towels, bedding etc., clean them thoroughly with a commercial cleaner designed for killing molds and mildew before washing them at least twice in hot water. Also make sure they're completely dry after sitting out overnight before putting them back in the closets.
Mold can often leave behind a musty, earthy smell which you'll need to eliminate as soon as possible if you want your house to feel fresh again. To do this, place bowls of white vinegar around different rooms overnight and let them sit until morning before removing them. This will absorb bad odors from the air while leaving behind its own pleasant scent!
After cleaning the area with an anti-mold spray cleaner you should allow enough time for it to dry completely before using fans or opening windows in order to remove excess moisture. This will prevent mold from growing back and keeps your house smelling fresh!
This is especially important if you have an existing mold problem in your home or are concerned about one developing. Don't allow moisture to accumulate on flooring, furniture and other household items that can become breeding grounds for mold by keeping them clean with a commercial cleaner designed specifically to kill mold spores.
Clean and dry your house as much as possible to prevent mold growth. If you can't remove the moisture source then allow fans to circulate air through damp areas such as bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchens and basements. Air conditioners also help reduce humidity by removing water from indoor air so consider having yours serviced if it hasn't been done recently.
Leaking plumbing, roofs or even window frames can cause condensation inside the home, which is a leading source of moisture for mold. Make sure to check these areas and fix any leaks immediately. If it's too late to stop the damage then clean up excess water using absorbent material like towels or professional cleaning products designed for this purpose.
Bleach may be an effective disinfectant but you need to exercise caution when mixing it with ammonia cleaners as toxic fumes are released that can irritate your eyes, nose and throat in high concentrations . Always use rubber gloves and eye protection whenever dealing with household chemicals no matter how "safe" they're claimed to be because there's always risk involved when handling them.
This blog post has given you some helpful tips on how to keep your indoor living spaces clean and dry to prevent mold growth. If you find that the measures discussed here aren't enough to stop mold from growing then it's time to call in professional help!